.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Revealing 'Lost Treasures' - the Knights of the Holy Royal Orders


A very good day yesterday and what initially started out as a ‘me’ day turned out to be one where the gains I made were through the process of giving. The affirmation and positive experience that I needed to encourage me to continue.

As I had been a little low I had arranged to go and see a friend, Mark Olly, to ‘get away from it all’ and spend some time catching up. I had intended to go over Friday evening for a few pints, stay over and then see what happened on Saturday.

I arrived there on Friday evening to find Mark preparing for another day’s filming for his new series ‘Lost Treasures – Series Two’ (check out
http://www.lost-treasures.co.uk/ for more info). He is presenting and helping to produce the series for release in mid-April 2007 and the episode he is currently working on has a scene which recreates a Templar funeral.

As the Knights Templar are of particular interest to me I was more than happy to help and advise in preparing the equipment and setting the scene to be as authentic as possible. It was particularly important as the re-enactment group, the Knights of the Holy Royal Orders based in Runcorn, that were acting out the reconstruction had recently lost there founding member to cancer and this was the perfect opportunity to hold a fitting memorial and make real his vision.

So early on Saturday morning we loaded my Volvo estate with all manner of props and outfits - lots of shields, helmets, countless swords and even two cross-bows. We set off for Lymm Church in Cheshire, Mark Olly had booked this church especially for its wonderful medieval style stained glass window.

Creating the vision

The knights looked excellent and acted as though they had been professional actors for years. With the location, the props all laid out, the candles lit and all the fittings of modern life cunningly concealed it was easy to believe that you had been magically transported back to the time of the Crusades.

This was followed by an excellent lunch and a piece outside where each of the weapons and parts of the armour were explained. The ‘shoot’ went perfectly, it was a very moving experience - the Templar Knights had come back to life, if only for a few hours.

The 'Knights' presented Mark with a medal, which was the symbol of the group, to thank him for making the day possible. This brought a tear to his eye as he had been a friend of the founder and knew that it had been him who had originally bought the medals which were presented to each member of the group.

It was a total team effort with everyone heading home weary from the effort but rewarded by the experience. We headed back to Mark’s to unload the car and have a well deserved cup of tea. We chatted for another couple of hours and then I headed home with my spirits lifted and some excellent memories.

Mark also read my tarot last night which warned me that there is currently deceit in my life. I asked for clarification on this and the deceit concerned an offer of Success that wouldn’t be in my best interest and that I shouldn’t jump at the offer but that it would be better to take the ‘I’ll think about it and get back to you’ approach. I’ll let you know what happens.

Other cards that were of great interest to me relate to my near future and distant future. The one which related to my immediate future was ‘Justice’ and signified that truth will prevail. The other, which concerned my distant future pointed out that I will eventually achieve balance between the masculine and feminine, creativity and logic – the ultimate aim of anybody actively pursuing personal and spiritual development.

It turned out that by providing technical knowledge and helping set up, and dismantle, the setting that I had provided many people with something special that really meant something to each and every one of them. I wish them all the very best in the future and look forward to meeting them again, and to Mark especially I wish him the best of luck with his new series – the ‘charismatic antiquarian’ really deserves it.

This has enforced my feeling that I am on the right path - the hard work is staying on it!

Take care and help others, it really is worth it.

Damian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Damian,I'll be portraying the Green Knight in episode 7... Mark's like a brother to me, hence me jumping at the chance to don some make-up and beat 7 shades of you know what out of him for his show! My costume is rather scary... Can't wait for you to see it... Jen (Cave Babe):)

 
Philosophy Blogs - Blog Top Sites